Tutt Bryant Group Limited is firmly committed to privacy. As such, the Group is bound by the Privacy Act (1988) Cth and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This Policy outlines what information we collect, how it is used, disclosed and protected, with respect to personal information. The Policy also outlines how you can access your personal information, request a correction on the information we hold on you and how you can lodge a complaint if we are not complying with the Privacy Act or the APPs.
The Types of personal Information we collect
- Identification information (eg; name, address, phone number, email)
- Information about the goods or services sold or hired
- Type and amount of commercial credit sought in a commercial credit application
- Financial details of customers
- Information obtained from a credit reporting body about an applicant in relation to their credit or guarantor application with us
- Court proceeding information
- Personal insolvency information
- Publicly available information about individual business activities.
How and Why your personal information is collected
The way we provide goods and services to our customers may be affected by the information we hold. For example if you did not provide a properly completed credit application we may be unable to extend credit facilities.
How we take care of your personal information
We employ security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under our control. These security measures include employee confidentiality agreements, password security and confidentiality level access to all computer systems, firewall protection, and restricted access to selected hard copy filing systems. When your information is no longer required, we will ensure that the hard copy information is destroyed or de-identified.
How we will use your personal information
We will collect, use and disclose your personal information for a number of reasons including the following:
- to establish your identity
- for the purpose of sending to you material about the goods and services we offer
- to administer our goods and services and manage our business relationship with you
- to make improvements on our products goods and services, credit facilities, technical support and to better understand and respond to customer needs
- to comply with any legal obligations.
We may give your credit information to Credit Reporting Bodies (CRB), such as Veda Applied Intelligence, and seek from a CRB your credit reporting information. Such information is used for the purpose of assessing your commercial credit or a credit guarantee application.
Your information may also be disclosed to relevant third parties such as other credit providers (for a particular purpose), guarantors, and other recipients as permitted under the Privacy Act.
If you do not wish to receive marketing offers from us
You can ask us not to do this at any time if you do not wish to receive direct marketing materials. Your request will be processed as soon as practicable.
When our customers sign onto the secured area of our website, we collect certain information, such as, their identification information, transport details, order history, machine and parts purchased. This information is used for statistical purpose, and to assist us to improve our goods and services to our customers.
To ensure improvement in our website, and to secure and develop online services, we collect information via the use of log files and cookies. The cookies do not collect personal information of a user but is used to track the returns to the site and to compile statistics. The cookies may contain the following information:
- Your username used to gain access to a secured area of our website
- The user’s servicer address and top level domain (.com or .au)
- Date and time of a user’s visit
- The actual pages accessed and downloaded by the user
- The type of browser or search engine used.
Accessing and correcting your Personal and Credit Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate and updated. You may gain access to your personal or credit information about yourself. You may also request for correction of your information by writing to us at the contact details below.
Information will be corrected if it is:
- Irrelevant; or
We will respond to your request and make the correction within 30 days or such longer period as agreed to in writing. There will be no charge for making the request but we may charge you a small fee to cover our costs if we provide you access to your information, however, we will let you know in advance if this is the case.
If we consider it appropriate to consult with an interested party (eg credit reporting body, or another credit provider), as permitted under the Privacy Act, we will do so before making the corrections.
Once we have made the corrections, we will within a reasonable period, give you written notice of the correction (unless it is impractical to do so).
If you are refused access or if we do not make the corrections, we will provide our reasons in writing. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The Privacy Officer
Tutt Bryant Group Limited
Locked Bag 3001
Auburn NSW 1835